So, I’ve been slacking like crazy for the past week on my third pair of tree mittens. But I have been doing something…
Organizing my yarn stash!
I’ve been thinking about how the heck to organize snippets of yarn with its tags for a while. I looked around for ideas and didn’t see anything I thought was good enough. Then one day at school, a kid came in with Pokemon cards and I got to thinking about how I used to have a binder full of them in plastic sleeves and BOOM! What an idea.
So I went out and got a cheap binder, a 10 pack of trading card sleeves for a binder and some index cards (about $6 all together). I had to trim the cards to fit the sleeves, but it worked out great.
For yarns I didn’t have the tags to, I just wrote the yarn info down on the card.
I’m writing down project info for each yarn on the index cards as well so I’ll have a handy-dandy reference guide that’s easy to add to whenever I get a new yarn.
So much better than a box full of tags and scraps! Yippee!
Now I don’t feel so bad about procrastinating…
Have a good week!